This position as an Automation Application Engineer involves working with a company at the forefront of the automation industry. The engineer will collaborate with sales and engineering teams to evaluate automation opportunities, create detailed proposals, and design automated systems.
***This position is based in Detroit. Relocation assistance is not provided. Travel is expected to be at 25%
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will assist sales in customer line-ups and evaluating viable automation opportunities.
- You will collaborate with engineering teams to devise and propose automation systems design in accordance with customer stipulations.
- You will craft project proposals and estimate costs.
- You will deliver design solutions that surpass customer expectations, emphasizing competitive advantages.
- You have three or more years of experience in processing and estimating costs for robotic automation systems or material handling systems.
- You have three or more years of experience in designing material handling systems or other automated systems.
- You have proficiency in simulation tools like Roboguide, Visual Components
- You (preferably) for a Bachelor’s degree in engineering.