Senior Field Service Tech/Field Service
JOB TITLE: Field Service Technician
A global mechanical engineering company, specializing in dairy and food industry machinery, is hiring a Field Service Technician for cheese making equipment. Responsibilities include leading service interventions, supporting installations, diagnosing, and repairing mechanical issues, responding to emergencies, maintaining records, providing technical training, and assisting in customer maintenance programs. The ideal candidate should possess a technical background, mechanical and basic electrical skills, safety awareness, problem-solving abilities, and excellent communication skills. Physical stamina, flexibility in working hours, a valid driver's license, and computer proficiency is required. This role offers the opportunity to contribute technical expertise for ensuring the consistent production of high-quality dairy products in a dynamic environment.
***On-site in Milwaukee or Remote***
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be organizing, executing, and following up on service interventions as a team leader at customer sites in North America and Canada
- You will support equipment installations at customer sites in North America (as part of an international team of technicians/experts).
- You will diagnose mechanical malfunctions, breakdowns, and irregularities in cheese production machinery. Develop effective solutions and perform timely repairs to minimize downtime and production interruptions.
- You need to respond to emergency service calls promptly, efficiently addressing urgent equipment issues to minimize production losses and maintain seamless operations.
- You have a technical college diploma or equivalent along with 3+ years’ experience. 5+ years of related experience and proven performance in mechanical service interventions may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- You have strong mechanical and basic electrical experience working in the capital equipment industry (food-, chemical-, pharmaceutical-, packaging, industrial automatization- or similar industry).
- You have strong mechanical aptitude with hands-on experience in diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery. Familiarity with PLCs and automation systems is a plus.
- You have knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations, particularly those related to dairy processing equipment and hygiene practices.
- You can understand mechanical design drawings as well as blueprints of complex production lines including layouts, pneumatic + electrical plans and P&IDs.